Intelligent Beam Detectors
The OSI-RIE-xx is an intelligent reflector- type linear optical beam smoke detector that includes an 8″ reflector and an integral sensitivity test.
The OSI-RIE-xx is an intelligent reflector- type linear optical beam smoke detector designed to operate as a component of fire alarm systems. The beam operates primarily on the principle of light obscuration utilising an Infra-Red beam. Optical beam smoke detectors are particularly appropriate for protecting buildings with large open spaces such as warehouses, atriums etc.
The OSI-RIE-xx detector is a combined transmitter/receiver unit that can be directly connected to an intelligent detector circuit.
- Combined transmitter and receiver unit, range 5-100 m (16-328 ft)
- Addressable model for panels utilizing Advanced Protocol or CLIP mode SLC Communication
- Complies to EN54-12
- Wide 12° field of view
- Intuitive beam alignment indicated by directional arrows
- Highly resistant to building movement
- Resistant to strong light sources; does not alarm when saturated by sun
- Resistant to large solid intruding objects
- Automatic sensitivity threshold level setting
- 50° horizontal and 20° vertical beam alignment
- Built-in heater
- Electronic simulated smoke test from ground level
- Standby, fault and alarm LED indicators visible from the front and bottom
- Automatic drift compensation
- Paintable cover
- Removable plug-in terminal blocks
- Optional heater kit available for the reflector