The 6500RE and 6500RSE detectors are combined transmitter / receiver units that can be directly connected to a conventional detector circuit. The Infra-Red transmitter generates a beam of light towards a high efficiency reflector. The reflector returns the beam to the receiver where an analysis of the received signal is made. The change in the strength of the received signal is used to determine the alarm condition.
The 6500RSE features Asuretest, the unique remote test capability that fully tests both the optics and the electronics of the device. An optical filter is automatically introduced in front of the optics, attenuating the returned beam and causing the unit to go into alarm.
- Unique servo-operated test filter (6500RSE)
- Combined transmitter and receiver unit
- Range 10 – 100 metres
- 4 x fixed sensitivity/threshold levels
- 2 x automatic variable sensitivity modes
- Operates in the Infra-Red light spectrum
- Numerical indicators to aid beam alignment
- Standby, fault and alarm LED indicator visible from the front and bottom
- ±10° horizontal and vertical beam alignment
- Automatic drift compensation
- IP 54
- -30°C to +55°C operating temperature range
- Complies to EN54 – 12